Exceptional Leave of Absence request
.Exceptional Leave of Absence request forms can be collected from the school office
When does school start?
Children need to be in good time for registration at 8:45 am and at 1:15 pm.
2. If we’re late…?
Your child will be marked as late if they arrive after their name has been called on the register.
3. How do I notify the school of my child’s absence?
We expect parents to phone the school on the first day of absence. However, we do need a written explanation when they have returned. If we do not have this, the absence is marked on the end of year report as unauthorised.
- Emergency medical or dental appointments
- Days of religious observance
The school should be notified of any planned absence well in advance.
Recurring absences will be referred to the Education Welfare Officer.
If we are concerned about lateness or your child’s attendance, we will discuss it with you.
We will not approve absences for shopping, birthdays or
5. What about family holidays?
Family holidays should be taken within school holidays. Request for
6. How can I encourage my child to enjoy school?
Make sure they are:
- Getting enough sleep
- Waking up in time
- Eating a good breakfast
- Leaving home with the proper clothes and equipment
- Aware that their education is important TO YOU
7. I think my child is avoiding coming to school, what do I do?
Speak to your child’s teacher and openly discuss your worries. There could be a variety of reasons for your child’s reluctance to attend, including friendship problems, schoolwork, bullying or family issues. If we can identify the problem, we can work together to find a solution. Education Welfare Officers can also work with staff and families if difficulties arise.