Almond gluten free cookies
- 3 cups of fine ground almond flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 12 maraschino (glace) cherries, halved
- Combine almond flour, salt, cardamom and baking soda in medium bowl. Set aside.
- Add honey (or agave) to small bowl and stir in vanilla/almond extracts to combine completely.
- Add honey/extracts to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Drizzle in sunflower oil and mix until completely combined.
- Scoop dough in slightly rounded tablespoons, roll into balls and lightly press down until about 1/2 inch thick. Cookies do not spread much at all. Make a thumbprint into center of each dough disk and firmly press in half of maraschino cherry.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Allow cookies to rest for 5 minutes before transferring to cooking rack. They’re ready to enjoy after about 10-15 minutes. Greek almond cookies keep for up to two weeks, covered in cool place.
Makes 2 dozen cookies.
The full recipe can be found here: http://thegreekvegan.com/almond-cookies/
If you're allergic to almonds or dislike them, you could make a traditional Greek jam tart, called Past Flora
- 1 cup sunflower oil
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- jar of jam (between 12-15 ounces works well)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- 2 tsp orange zest (1 medium orange)
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- almond slivers (optional)
For the method click here: http://thegreekvegan.com/pasta-flora-traditional-greek-jam-tart/