English - Monday
Chapter 17 - Family Matters
Vocabulary check: esteemed, pouted, warthog, barrage, gaunt, sumptuous.
- Why does Hephaestus get his hammer out?
- Why do they need to get to Hypnos quickly?
- Why is the newspaper article bad news for the gang?
- Why are the Gods giggling at Pisces?
- What new app is Hermes using? What does it do?
L.O. : I understand the difference between similes and metaphors
Today we would like you to revise what similes and metaphors are using a BBC bitesize lesson.
A simile is when you compare something to something else e.g. He ran as fast as a cheetah through the forest.
A metaphor is when you describe something as if it was something else e.g. He was a fast cheetah running through the forest.
Watch the 2 video clips and then complete Activity 1 and Activity 2. If you work through these activities quickly, then try the 3rd one.
Click on this link to access the lesson :