Chapter 13 audio
accelerated, elaborately wrapped, tuxedo
L.O. I can write a diary entry
"I can't believe it," said Virgo, smoothing her hair. "I'm actually going to meet Zeus! What should I say to impress him?" p.151
Today, you're going to imagine that you are Virgo about to meet the almighty Zeus, ruler of the Gods and God of Sky and Thunder. Remember that you have been looking after the stationery orders of the Zodiac Council for almost two thousand years and you are a mere constellation, you're in complete awe of Zeus. Virgo stammers when she meets him, why might this be? She desperately needs his help, how might she persuade him?
When writing your diary entry, remember to:
- use first person pronouns (I, we, my )
- your diary is like a close private friend, you can be honest about your feelings and your point of view
- use ambitious words to describe feelings and actions
- use conjunctions to link events, e.g. and, so, yet, but, because, for, unless
- use inverted commas for speech, e.g. How should I greet him? "It's such a pleasure to meet you, your highness!" followed by a curtsy?
challenge: organise your writing into paragraphs