Chapter 19 audio
Chapter 19 - Be Careful What You Wish For
Vocabulary check: sumptuous, consigning, low profile, petrified
- Why is Elliot beginning to appreciate living with immortals?
- Why does Josie just accept Elliot’s excuses?
- Why is Elliot excited about school?
- Why is Patricia suspicious?
- What does Elliot intend to do with the wishing pearl?
- Explain why Virgo’s personality might make it difficult for her to not stand out at regular school?
Do you think a wishing pearl would do more bad or good in this world?
What would you use a wishing pearl for? Think of three things and explain your reasons in detail.
Remember to use conjunctions to extend your sentences and some descriptive language.
Here's what I would use a wishing pearl for:
e.g. Marking maths tests after school can be laborious, so my wishing pearl would get the job done in a flash in order for me to get home in time to cook my children a delicious home-made supper. My children would be happier, I would feel rested and have more energy for teaching the following day.