In maths this term we will be working on ratio, algebra, decimals and also revisiting fractions decimals and percentages. Pupils will be able to:
- Solve problems involving the relative sizes of two quantities where missing values can be found by using integer multiplication and division facts.
- Use simple formulae to generate and describe linear number sequences.
- Identify the value of each digit in numbers given to 3 decimal places and multiply and divide numbers by 10, 100, 1000, giving answers up to 3 decimal places.
How you can help…
- Practise times tables to increase fluency; children who are not fluent with their times tables will struggle with the pace of calculation in year 6 and will find reasoning problems difficult, therefore it is vital to secure times table knowledge. Short sharp bursts of timetable practice are a good way to consolidate.
- Support and encourage your children with their maths homework.
Useful maths resources
https://ttrockstars.com/ (all children have a school log in for this programme).
For more formal lessons see Oak Academy:
Interactive Online Games