Our Amazing Literacy
This half term the children have begun to read the story of Iliona, A rich Greek girl who is captured by pirates and sold to a Roman family as a slave.
This week the children acted out an auction, thinking about their best selling points and bidding for a slave with features that would be of use!
We have been working hard to write about the character's emotions using clues and inferring the feelings.
Some super examples included:
* tears welled up in my eyes
* goose bumps covered my body
* I trembled with fear
* I slumped on the bed starring down at the floor
* my banged my fists on the door
* my whole body shuddered
* A shiver ran down my spine
Can you guess how they were feeling?