It’s time to host your very own mini-Olympics in your garden.
You’ll need to get the whole family involved!
Plan how many events you will have at your mini-Olympics, and which events they will be. You can include some of the events we have been practising over the past few weeks e.g. running, triple jump, line bounce, throwing etc. But you can also be inventive and come up with your own ideas for events e.g. instead of archery, try nerf gun shooting at a target; instead of javelin, you could throw a paper aeroplane.
Design a scoresheet to calculate points e.g. 1st place could be 5 points, 2nd place 3 points and 3rd place 1 point.
What will the overall winner get as a prize (perhaps they could be awarded the olive wreath you made in art)?
Ideas for fun events could include :
- Javelin Toss (with pool noodles or paper towel roll)
- Balloon Tennis (with fly swats or hands)
- Stacking Competitions (with dominoes, blocks etc)
- Sailing (make paper boats and use a straw to see who can blow the farthest distance along a table)
- Paper Plane Flying
- Carpet Bowls
- Ten Pin Bowling/skittles
- Swimming (participants wear shower caps, throw a dice and step the number of spaces forward)
- Shooting (with nerf guns and a bullseye on a whiteboard)
- Egg and spoon race
- Sack race
- Skipping race