Children should complete their project on South America:
At the end of the project children will have used secondary sources e.g. internet, books, maps to find out about South America.
Watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R35URiT_fm8 South America destination world
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5J5mk2iOVg South America geography/South American countries
The project can be presented in any format you wish e.g. poster, power point, leaflet, fact file, news report, Non chronological report etc.
But it must include information on:
- Which hemisphere South America is in
- Longitude and latitude of some of the major cities
- Major rivers
- Habitats and wildlife (science link)
Other things you could research:
- What type of crops and goods does the country grow and export (trade)?
- What are the main some of the main tourist attractions (tourism)?
- Culture - traditional dance, traditional clothes, food
- Social geography - population sizes, jobs, education systems
- other physical features - mountains, lakes
- Natural disasters - Earthquakes, volcanoes
PE - Circuits
Set up an exercise circuit:
Exercises could include: Sit ups, lunges, shuttle runs, the plank, star jumps etc.
Do each exercise for 1 minute then next time you do the circuit see if you can improve on your scores.If you choose to include the plank in your circuit you need to time how long you can hold this for.
Involve the family - one person do the exercise first and the second person count then swap