Early Help Offer
All families at times can need extra help and support. To support your families through these times we have an Early Help Offer... Early Help is support that improve a family’s resilience and outcomes or reduce the chance of a problem getting worse. This can include support available to families from universal services like schools.
Holbrook Primary's Safeguarding Team can offer advice on a range of concerns or signpost you to information, help and support.
What concerns can parents / carers share with the Safeguarding Team?
There are many potential issues in life and we are able to help and guide on.... anything that may have a negative impact on your child(ren); behaviour management, financial worries, domestic abuse, housing concerns, relationship problems, mobility problems or discriminations, bereavements and mental health.
What can Holbrook Primary School offer to help?
- Mental Wellbeing Hub
- Drawing and Talking
- Lego Therapy
- Nurture Group
- Learning Together Sessions
- Induction Sessions and full transition programme for Foundation including home visits
- Signs of Safety Toolkit
- In house safeguarding protocols (1 DSL, 5 ASL's, 2 named Governors)
- Reading Dogs
- Bespoke learning interventions
- Speech and Language Therapy
- Parent Information Sessions (Maths)
- Forest School
- Use of shower
- Educational Welfare Officer Support
- Curriculum provision tailored to individual needs
- Government Fruit and Vegetable Scheme
- Secondhand Uniform Sales
As a school, we can also refer Early Help support to different teams within Suffolk County Council’s services for children and young people.
Suffolk County Council’s Early Help Service includes:
- An Early Help Team who work with children, young people and their families to enable positive change which can be sustained, maintains safety, and builds resilience in the whole family.
- A Parenting Team, who deliver parenting programmes and individual parental support across the county.
- The Suffolk Family Focus Attendance Service, who provide support to reduce any barriers to school attendance and reduce the need for enforcement action.
SCC Early Help teams can also signpost families to access support from other organisations for assessments and advice including benefits assessments, school support, counselling and more.
Accessing the Early Help Service:
Access to the Early Help Service is via something called a Common Assessment Framework or CAF. You can read more about this and begin the process here.
Click here to find more information about Suffolk Safeguarding Partnership's role within Early Help
Holbrook Primary School also works with:
- The Early Help Team
- Children and Young People's Services
- County Inclusive Support Service
- Counselling Services
- School Nurse Team
- LA Family Services Team
- Educational Welfare officer
- Educational Psycologists
- Speech and Language Therapists
- The Dyslexia Outreach Team
- Social Workers
- Family Support Workers
If you have any concerns please contact the school and we will get back to you as soon as possible.