During the autumn term we will be working on:
• Place value- reading, writing, ordering and comparing numbers beyond 1,000.
• We will learn to round any whole number to the nearest 10, 100 and 1,000.
- measurement - learning to work out the area of different shapes and spaces.
• We will be adding and subtracting four digit numbers.
- To link with our Roman topic the children will have fun learning the value of each Roman Numeral. Ask them to show you the Roman numerals for their age or even yours!
• Over the year, we will also be learning how to recall multiplication and division facts for multiplication tables up to 12 × 12 and multiply two-digit and three-digit numbers by a one-digit number using formal written layout.