During our place value unit we are learning to:
- Count in multiples of 6, 7, 9. 25 and 1000.
- Find 1000 more or less than a given number.
- Recognise the place value of each digit in a four digit number
(thousands, hundreds, tens and ones)
- Order and compare numbers beyond 1000 (up to 10,000)
- Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations.
- Round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000
- Solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above and with increasingly large positive numbers.
- Count backwards through zero to include negative numbers.
During our addition and subtraction unit we are learning to::
* Add and subtract numbers with up to 4 digits using the formal written methods of columnar addition and subtraction where appropriate.
* Estimate and use inverse operations to check answers to a calculation.
* Solve addition and subtraction two-step problems in contexts, deciding which operations and methods to use and why.
* Continue to practise both mental methods and columnar addition and subtraction with increasingly large numbers to aid fluency.
During our length and perimeter unit we are learning to:
Measure in cm and mm accurately.
Convert between cm, mm and m.
Find the perimeter of a rectangular shape.
Solve problems apply their knowledge.
During our multiplication unit we are learning to:
Recall all of our times tables up to 12 x 12.
Multiply a 2 and 3 digit number by a 1 or 2 digit number, using column method.
Multiply and divide by 1 and 0.
Recognise prime numbers.
Use these skills to solve problems.