Sport at Holbrook
PE at Holbrook Primary School
PE Coordinator - Miss Matticks
This year (2018/19), Holbrook Primary School has been awarded our first Gold School Games Mark Award! We are continuously working on ensuring we can offer a broad and exciting range of sporting opportunities, that appeal to all children. We are a proud member of the School Games Scheme, which allows our children to take part in a high number of competitions, tournaments and festivals in the local area. We also pride ourselves on having strong sporting links with our local, and partnership schools. Finally, we are now working with Ipswich Town's Community Trust to provide more football opportunities for our pupils, who are such keen footballing stars!
As a school aiming to offer an aspirational level of sporting opportunities, we are proud members of the School Games programme. This programme enables us to enter additional competitions with local schools in the Ipswich area, take part in excellent staff training to ensure children are always receiving the most up-to-date learning opportunities, and allows us to offer a broader range of sports through exciting festival opportunities.
As a result of being members of the School Games programme, we also apply for the School Games Mark. This is a nationally recognised award which gives us a clear idea of what we are achieving as a school, and provides focussed ideas of how we could improve. This year, Holbrook Primary School received their first Gold School Games Mark!
Events and Achievements:
- Boys Football Tournament (School Games): a wonderful performance from lots of our Year 5/6 male footballers - 1 win, 2 draws, 1 loss.
- Girls Football Tournament (School Games): the girls' first football tournament was a really great experience, leaving us wanting more! The team had 1 win, 2 losses, and 1 draw.
- Boys Football Friendly vs. East Bergholt: a great first game against one of our local schools, with East Bergholt taking the win. Keep checking back for a re-match!
- Badminton Festival (School Games): a group of our Year 3/4 pupils attended a local Badminton festival with Community Badminton, experimenting with their badminton skills and playing a great sport with their peers.
- RHS Cross Country: Jake in Year 6 ran for Holbrook, finishing 3rd out of the Year 6 group!
- Shotley Tag Rugby Tournament: our first peninsula event of the academic year, with three teams from Holbrook Year 5/6 classes attending the event. Holbrook A came home with the victory, with Holbrook B and C coming 4th and 5th!
- Children In Need Football Match: coming soon!
- Ipswich High School Tournament: coming soon!
- Girls' Football Festival at ITFC: coming soon!
- Tag Rugby Festival (School Games): coming soon!
- Girls' Futsal Festival (School Games): coming soon!
- Boys' Futsal Festival (School Games): coming soon!
*If your child has any amazing sporting achievements which aren't listed above, please email Miss Matticks with any exciting news that we can celebrate!
P.E and Sports Premium Report
Holbrook Primary School receives PE and Sport Premium Funding based on the number of pupils in years 1 to 6. We use this funding to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer. This includes developing the PE and sport activities that we offer, and making improvements now that will benefit pupils joining Holbrook in future years.
To see how we spend our PE and Sport Premium Funding, please see the document below: